Kitchen sinks can become clogged for a variety of reasons, but the most common one is when people try to dispose of too many hard items at once. In order to avoid this, it’s important to know what NOT to put down on your garbage disposal in your Santa Rosa, CA home. Here are some tips:
1) Don’t put Grease or Oil down the drain – When these substances cool off, they will form a hard, sticky substance that can easily clog your disposal.
2) Don’t put Poultry Bones down the drain – These can cause big problems because they’re so hard and tend to get stuck in the blades of the disposal.
3) Don’t put Sticky Foods down the drain – This includes things like honey, syrup, and peanut butter. They will attract other particles and gunk until your sink is completely clogged.
4) Do run hot water while you’re using the disposal – This helps to flush everything down and prevents build-up.
5) Do use a trashcan for disposing of large items – If something doesn’t fit in your garbage disposal, don’t try to force it! Just toss it in the trash instead.
By following these simple tips, you can avoid clogs and keep your garbage disposal running smoothly. If you do end up with a clog, don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional or search for emergency plumbing services near me in Santa Rosa, CA for help. With the help of emergency plumbers, you’ll be able to get your sink unclogged in no time.
At Curoso Plumbing, we always ensure to keep your drains clear and flowing. Our experienced plumbers know how to unclog any drain quickly, efficiently, and without causing any damage. Contact us today at 707-545-5017 for help with all your plumbing needs or enquire about the plumbing services cost in Windsor, CA, and surrounding areas.