Smelly garbage disposals can be a nuisance for homeowners. Not only do they have an unpleasant odor, but they can also linger throughout the entire home. Fortunately, there are ways to tackle this problem and make your disposal smell fresh again. Here are five tips for solving smelly garbage disposal in Santa Rosa, CA:
- As tempting as it may be, don’t use chemical solutions to try and eliminate odors. Such harsh chemicals can damage the disposal over time and cause other issues. Instead, it’s best to rely on natural solutions that will neutralize the odor and leave your disposal in good condition.
- Cut up lemon wedges or orange peels into small pieces and put them into the disposal. The citrusy smell of these fruits will help neutralize any unpleasant odors from your junk disposal.
- Ensure to run cold water in the disposal while grinding up lemon or orange peel pieces. This will help to flush away all the bad odors and leave your kitchen smelling clean and fresh.
- Baking soda and white vinegar are great natural cleaners that can tackle smelly garbage units. Combine an equal amount of baking soda and white vinegar into a bowl, add water, and pour the mixture down the disposal. This will help clean out any built-up food particles and neutralize unpleasant odors.
- Finally, it’s important to clean your garbage churner regularly. Make sure to remove all food particles and debris that have accumulated inside the unit. Doing this will help prevent any nasty odors from occurring in the future.
By following these tips, you can easily get rid of smelly garbage disposing units and keep them smelling fresh and clean. Additionally, you can ensure that your disposal is running smoothly and efficiently. So don’t let bad odors linger in your home. Hire local emergency plumbing services in Windsor, CA, to resolve this issue.
If you need help with residential and commercial plumbing services in Rohnert Park, CA, contact a qualified plumber at Curoso Plumbing. Our experienced professionals will provide you with the best service and solutions to ensure your home runs smoothly. Get in touch with us at 707-545-5017 today for all your plumbing needs!